Landlords Gas Safety Certificates
Are you a Landlord?
Do you need a Gas Safety Certificate?
As a landlord, it is a legal requirement that you provide your tenant(s) with an up-to-date Gas Safety record. By law, landlords must have all gas appliances serviced regularly, normally once a year by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
Bolton Plumbing and Heating Ltd has a team of experienced, qualified and well-trained engineers who are on the Gas Safe Register. We provide a Gas Safety record when we complete a gas safety check of your property’s gas appliances. What information does the Landlord’s Gas Safety record contain?
Our gas safety check & certificate will cover
- Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- The address of the property at which the appliance and/or flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- Description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- Date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked
- Any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix it
- Confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.
It is essential safety checks are done to make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use in the property. Only a gas safe registered engineer is qualified to a gas safety certificate.
Gas safety check landlord responsibility
- Checking the flue or chimney to make sure the products of combustion (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
- Checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so the gas burns properly.
- Checking the appliance is burning the gas properly.
- Checking all safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.