Gas Safety Certificates Bolton
What is a Gas Safety Check?
A gas safety check is different from a routine gas service. The gas certification and the survey is designed to inspect all gas appliances including boilers, gas cookers and gas fires. All gas safety check must be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer who will confirm either way; if they are working correctly and safely.
Regular inspection of gas appliances increases your protection from potentially harmful gases such as carbon monoxide escaping into your home. Bolton Plumbing and Heating Ltd are experienced, qualified and well-trained gas engineers and you’ll find us on the Gas Safe Register.
Your Gas Safety Certificate will include:
- Name, registration number & signature of the gas engineer who performed the check.
- The address of the property at which the gas appliance and flue is installed.
- The name & address of the homeowner.
- Location & Description of each appliance and flue checked.
- Date on which the gas safety check was performed.
- Any issues that are identified and action taken or required to fix it.
- Certification of the results of operational safety checks carried.
Gas Safety Certificates Bolton| Gas certificates| Gas Safe Registered | Gas Safe Engineer
All homes that have gas appliances should have an annual gas safety check by a gas safe engineer. To provide a gas safety certificate essential safety checks are done to make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe. The safety survey also includes:
- Checking the flue or chimney to make sure the products of combustion (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
- Checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so the gas burns properly.
- Checking the appliance is burning the gas properly.
It should be noted that a gas safety inspection should not be an alternative to a service. With this in mind, Bolton Plumbing & Heating offer annual Service & Repair Contracts. So, you can have peace of mind and 365-day emergency breakdown service.
As a safety check does not cover running efficiently and safely. If you have an annual service, this will include an annual safety check so you don’t need to do both.